Saturday, February 17, 2007
over the days of being at the wake, on a very lonely night/morning at the void deck keeping guard, i have found out that...
nicolas cage's arms are really hairy.
also some rats hop.
many thanks to the people who turned up despite it being the lunar new year. Especially my aunt and jieeeeee who were there for me since forever since i was born.. before i was born even o_O. So yes, much love.
i dont get that in chinese custom... or religion this custom applies to. But you have to pick the deceased's bones. That is not an experience i ever what to experience again. I missed out on my paternal grandma's one due to school or something. It's really....an odd feeling. i didn't know if i should cry or slap my hand for being rude? I don't know, but it did not sit well with me. I just.. don;t think it's nice to touch bones of someone who had died not too recently ago who is close to you. Then again maybe i was just still in shock and overwhelmed with sadness or something =/
I am thankful that there is a viewing hall separating me from my grandpa's coffin. Because i'm darn sure i would have screamt and kicked a few people, trying to stop the whole process. It was when i saw the whole process did it really dawn onto me that he was in fact gone. I could never see him again.
tomorrow's the 7th day since he passed away, so grandpa, rest in peace and i hope you are with grandma. I love you lots (:
Piko cheered for Iori at 9:19 PM