[[devastation]]
i was nearly in tears when reading tnp's china coverage this morning at breakfast.
if you put yourself for a moment in their shoes, trapped under rubble, parts of your body crushed, having the nearly school killed in an instant....
it's an horrifying thought.
I was moved because of one mini story of survivor De Jie and her senior.
She was trapped under concentrate and it was pitch black. But she could hear someone telling her, "don't sleep! what if you never wake up!" it was probably a random senior to her but the kindness and care for someone else even as you yourself is in danger, moved me.
So today, I donated a bit from my own savings to the a temple in Sichuan who will be helping to distribute provisions and aid and will be going to donate to worldvision for myanmar victims. My dad also donated twice the amount I am donating to Sichuan (: thanks dad.
I think he felt the pinch when I said "I'm donating 50!" hahaha. That aside, I think that out of my savings, SGD50 may seem little, but I do want to lend a helping hand to the people who are at loss and are at grief. I think atually, this is my biggest donation yet *ashamed* But in future, when I have the earning power, I want to set aside money every month to donate to charitable organisations :3 That is one of my goals in future.
You can also do your part to help myanmar victims by clicking on this link:
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/aid_myanmar/
Donations can be made via bank trasnfer, making it much easier to help.
Piko cheered for Iori at 9:21 AM
blog
Blog Status\\ Activeneed help?
If you have stumbled upon my blog while searching for something,Na and Riko
Name\\ Narikoobsessions
MiyaviCurrent anime watch
They are my noble masters ♥Current manga watch
Random one-shotsCostume Play
Kurotsuchi Nemu [cosfest 2006]Costume Play Pending List
Okita SoujiDoll Family
Tatsuya (DOT h.ducan)Home soon...
CP Elfriends
AiniSpeak or forever hold your peace